Report Abuse

Elder Abuse Hotline Call:
1-877-4R SENIORS (1-877-477-3646)

Report Elder Abuse

Department of Social Services Community Care Licensing (CCL)
Regulates, licenses, and investigates violations including abuse in residential care facilities for elders and dependent adults (commonly referred to as assisted living or board and care facilities).

CCL Central Intake: Phone: 844-538-8766 Fax (916) 651-6668

CCL Central Intake Email:

Department of Public Health Licensing and Certification (DPH)
-Regulates, licenses, and investigates violations, including abuse in health facilities (skilled nursing facilities, adult day health care, and intermediate care facilities).

DPH Los Angeles Central Intake: Phone (562)-345-6884 Fax (562) 409-5096

DPH San Bernardino Central Intake: Phone (909) 383-4777 Fax (909) 888-2315

DPH make a complaint online (statewide):

Attorney General’s Department of Medi-Cal Fraud and Elder Abuse
-Investigates and prosecutes Medi-Cal fraud and elder abuse primarily in skilled nursing facilities.

DMFEA Central Intake: Phone 800-722-0432 Fax (916) 263-2565

DMFEA Central Intake: Email to make online complaint

Adult Protective Services

Investigates allegations of abuse and neglect in community settings e.g., homes, apartments, independent living senior housing, and acute hospitals.

APS Los Angeles: Phone 877-477-3646 Reporting Portal:

APS San Bernardino Central Intake: Phone 877-565-2020

Long-Term Care Ombudsman

Investigates allegations of abuse and neglect in long-term care facilities, including nursing facilities, assisted living, and board and care facilities throughout Los Angeles and San Bernardino.

Central Intake Phone: 800-334-9473 Fax: (310) 395-4090 After Hours Crisis Line: 800- 231-4024